Site Category: Cultural
The museum is located in Carbonia, inside the Great Serbariu Mine, operative from 1937 to 1964.It includes the lamp room, underground tunnel and the winch room. In the lamp-room is housed a permanent exhibition on the history of coal, the mine and the town of Carbonia. The underground tunnel shows the evolution of the coal mining techniques used in Serbariu from the 30s to the end its mine activity. The winch room preserves inside the big wheels of the winch used to control descent and ascentof cages in shafts for trasporting miners and empty or coal loaded sand.
For further information please visit the Museum website